Tuesday 13 February 2018

TTT (24) - Valentine's Day

Once upon a time Top Ten Tuesday was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Now, it's moved to the wonderful That Artsy Reader Girl. The rules can be found here. And this week's post here.

This week the topic is a LOVE freebie. I mean, Valentine's Day is around the corner. More like Galentine's Day, am I right? Anyway, I don't really celebrate the day of making money with love...call me cynical. BUT...I do love (haha) a good love story.

I've talked about the couples I adore in this blog post here. Now, let me talk about the romantic relationships that everyone talks about that I've yet to read or watch.
  • I've not yet and will never read Fifty Shades of Grey. I tried the first page and had a small aneurysm right there in the bookshop. Sorry to all fans, I just can't. (I've read and enjoyed Twilight however.)
  • The Notebook. At some point I will definitely read this.
  • North and South by Gaskell. I've seen the BBC adaptation, and I will definitely read the book.
  • Lady Chatterley's Lover.
  • A Walk To Remember.
  • Little Women. Maybe I'll stick it in the freezer like Joey.
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
  • When Harry Met Sally.
Huh, for someone who isn't a big fan of romance, I sure can't find more couples to populate this list. Interesting...I've clearly watched and read many after all!

Please name your favourite couple in the comments, so I can find more I'm missing and continue my journey of swooning when the perfect man meets the perfect woman (I'm looking at you Mr. Darcy.)

16 comments:

  1. I also plan to read North and South. My post is here: https://wordsandpeace.com/2018/02/13/top-ten-books-with-love-in-the-title/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't celebrate Valentine's Day either, but I do love the idea of Galentine's Day. Are you a fan of Parks and Recreation, by any chance?

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one of these I've read/seen is The Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind and it's kinda weird!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/13/top-ten-tuesday-146/

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Harry Met Sally was fun. :) Have you ever seen serendipity? It's a fun movie, kinda quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books either-- except Little Women, and I read that so many years ago I couldn't tell you one thing about the plot...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Fifty Shades... I'm not proud! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love North & South and When Harry Met Sally - two of my absolute favourites. Although you haven't read Little Women, there's actually an Alcott book/books I love more: Eight Cousins and the sequel Rose in Bloom. Rose in Bloom has a few really sweet romances in it, and I adore it, but it's not the easiest book to find unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're definitely not missing anything with 50 Shades! The Notebook is one of my faves though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't pull a joey (haha!) I love Little Women. I hear you about FSOG.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to read North and South for years. I'm a hug fan of the BBC adaptation as well. I swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my favourite movies! I hope you do get to see it :) And I never even bothered to touch a copy of FSOG but I have had the misfortune of reading a couple of passages from the novel she wrote from the man's POV. It made me feel gross, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This topic only makes me so sad. Forever alone XD.

    Great post though. And I love those book recommendations. Have a great valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these either and there is a good chance I never will haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m a sucker for romance (obviously since almost every book I read has at least some aspect of romance) but I am *not* a fan of being told I have to spend loads of $$$ one day a year to prove to every one else how much I love someone (or how much he loves me). It’s so obnoxious and I basically boycott it. My husband and I don’t even exchange cards. Ha! Okay, off the soapbox... ;-) I read The Notebook years ago and thought is was okay. Not the love-fest everyone makes it out to be. Frankly, I enjoyed the movie more. When Harry Met Sally is one of my old favorites. My sister and I still quote lines from that movie to this day. LOL

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did enjoy the fantasy aspects of Twilight a lot but not the romance. I don't like controlling all-consuming romances where the girl loves the love interest more than she loves herself, especially in YA books. Bella almost killed herself for Edward so.. NOPE. And I better not start with FSOG LOL I want to read the Notebook to but I'm so a chicken. The movie made me cry so much I have been procrastinating the book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The romance in Twilight concerned me, but I did end up enjoying it in the end. Nice list! :)

    ReplyDelete